Whether you are a committed spa-goer or just seeking an occasional indulgence, this list of frequently asked questions can help you prepare for and get the most of your trip to the spa.
1. I have a spa services scheduled but I am not feeling well, should I still come in? - No. If you are getting sick, a massage, facial or any body treatment may actually make you feel worse by speeding up the release of toxins throughout your body.
2. If I have a rash or cold sore should I have a spa service? - No. Because most rashes and cold sores are contagious, it is better to wait until your skin has healed.
3. If I am getting a waxing, is there anything I can do to prepare? - The hair must be at least 1/4 of an inch long to get a clean wax. Also, never apply body lotions before a waxing. If the skin is too moist the wax can not grab and pull the hair.
4. Do you perform couples massages? - Massage services are performed in separate rooms.
5. Can I bring my baby with me while I am getting an eyebrow wax? - Unfortunately children under the age of 12 years are not allowed in the upstairs spa. However, we welcome children of all ages in the salon. No children may be left unattended and our staff in not responsible for watching children.
6. Do you have an elevator? - No, we do not have an elevator but we are handicap accessible for the salon (not the 2nd/3rd levels)
7. Do I need to fully undress for my massage? - For maximum relaxation most spas recommend that you remove your underwear for the massage. However, do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
8. Does it matter if I have makeup on if I am getting a facial? - All facials start with a cleansing of the face. It will not matter if you have on makeup, the Aesthetician will remove it prior to cleansing.
9. Can I get a pregnancy massage if I am almost due? - All we ask is that you are past your fist trimester (12 weeks).
10. Do you offer parking? - Unfortunately, we do not have a private parking lot. However, Old Town has plenty of street parking and there is a paid parking garage located next door.
11. Does your updo include a wash and a blow dry? - No, we ask that your hair is to be washed and dried (straightened if curly) before your service. We will be more than happy to wash and dry your hair for an additional cost.
12. I lost my gift card, what should I do? - If we are able to track your gift card we can replace the gift card for a $5 reissuing fee.